Six Directors administer the Foundation and serve in a voluntary capacity. The Directors meet regularly to conduct the business of the foundation.
The Directors review, consider, and make decisions on:
- Applications received for Grants.
- A comprehensive set of current financial reports.
- The effectiveness of promotional and fundraising activities (all ‘in-house’) and consider new strategies.
- Reports from all Directors and Sub Committees.
Between meetings the Directors are required to:
- Consider applications for Emergency Grants and to urgently provide funds to Lions Club and their Districts to promptly assist people
affected by storms, bush fires, drought, earthquakes, etc.
- Investigate and review all grant applications.
- Promote the objects of the Foundation to Lions Clubs and their Districts.
- Maintain contact with Lions District Australian Lions Foundation Chairpersons.
- Answer all inquiries regarding the Foundation.
- Carry out the duties of their specific Australian Lions Foundation portfolios
The Directors of the Australian Lions Foundation Ltd, are elected by the Lions Clubs of Australia to each represent their State or Territory.
Directors are elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Foundation held each year at the National Lions Convention. Directors are elected for a three year term (on rotation) and are elected by the delegates from the respective States or Territories attending the Annual General Meeting.
Each Director represents their specific State and/or Territory as well as having a specific operational role in the Company.
This includes positions of Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, General Grants Chairperson, Awards Chairperson, Promotions Chairperson, Emergency, Disaster, Compassionate and Diabetes Grants Chairperson. These operational roles are confirmed each year following the Annual General Meeting where Director operational roles may change.